Everyone in our office is already aware of our fondness for vertical gardens, but how about providing a how-to guide for creating one for yourself? When faced with this predicament, stackable planters may prove to be useful.
Construction of a vertical garden from the ground up is made easier by the use of pre-built planter systems that are already installed.
Consider purchasing one of the sets listed below to use as a starting point for creating a miniature tower of flowers in your home or office. To be of assistance to you, we combed the internet for the most effective solutions available across a wide variety of websites.
What Is A Stackable Planter?
Gardeners may create gardens using stackable planters in areas with limited space. This style of planter’s small shape is great for producing strawberries, herbs, certain vegetables, or flowers.
Vertical gardening is ideal for balconies, outdoor patios, and even inside near full-length windows.
Stackable planters are exactly what they sound like: trays of plants that stack on top of one another. Typically, each layer has four plant receptacles. Tiers resemble four-petaled flowers, and plants are planted in the “petal” area of each tier.
The bottom layer has a central hole and several drainage holes. Additionally, there is an internal plate set a few inches above the bottom of the layer. Water travels through the gap between the plate and the drainage holes, which is referred to as the “Aquaphor.”
The bottom layer is secured to a tray that may or may not be equipped with wheels. A support pole or chain is inserted into the tier’s central hole. The second layer is centered on the pole/chain that serves as a support.
The layer is built on top of the lower tier as the pole/chain is passed through the hole. Continue adding potting soil and plants until all layers are firmly connected to the central support (pole or chain.)
Watering the plants exemplifies stackable planter systems’ ingenuity. Water is sprayed from above.
Gravity draws the water through each layer, gradually draining from one to the next until it reaches the lowest support tray, which is often equipped with drainage holes or a tray that collects the water.
What Kinds Of Stackable Garden Planters Are There?
Three, five, or six-layer stackable planters are often used. Most allow for the addition of additional tiers to allow for vertical gardening. These systems are available in several colors and wheeled or non-wheeled configurations.
The more expensive systems may be grown hydroponically or in conventional soil. These are shelf-style systems that include growing lights into the tray above the area where the plants will be put. They may reach a height of two or three stories.
For dedicated do-it-yourselfers, a stackable planter may be made from a variety of salvaged materials; however, some DIY stackable planters lose the overall uniformity of the vertical gardening concept.
Stackable Garden Planters We Think You Might Like
Here we show a sample of the most efficient stackable garden planters that are currently available for sale today:
5-Tier Strawberry And Herb Garden Planter
This lovely pink stacking vertical planter is perfect for herbs, tomatoes, and other plants. With twenty distinct growth zones, the planter is small and beautiful. Additionally, it is lightweight and simple to install, allowing it to be placed almost anywhere.
It’s simple to water the plants since the drip system guarantees that each plant receives a proper quantity of water.
Numerous customers like its durable design, which can weather external winds and storms, as well as its versatility in terms of location for growing any and home-favorite herbs.
- Stackable planter 13x13x5.6 inch each, quantity 5
Nancy Jane Vertical Gardening Self-Watering Stacking Planters
Nancy Jane’s stackable garden planter with a self-watering system. Each model uses three growing zones that are kept wet and healthy via the use of integrated tubes and grids.
The planters may be piled up to nearly ten layers high, and a dowel embedded in the system’s core protects the planters from accidents and strong wind.
The great thing is that you never have to worry about watering everything too much, since the pots self-water and the water is evenly distributed among all the plants, enabling you to relax and enjoy.
- Our planters stand alone: our patented Self-Watering system is the pioneer of the stacking planter industry!
- Multi-tier set: set consists of three tiers of planters, three patented Self-Watering grids, tray (for stacking), chain with swivel (for hanging), and instructions.
- Self-watering benefits: don't worry about overwatering! C these pots can self-regulate so plants stay healthy and hydrated, Self-Watering - helps evenly distribute moisture throughout and keeps plants...
Mr. Stacky Heavy Duty Stackable Garden Planters
Gardeners who want to produce a bigger or a greater variety of plants in one location might consider a planter such as this gigantic stacker, which can be used to plant strawberries, peppers, tomatoes, and beans, among other things.
As with any good planter, it uses a drip-down mechanism that enables you to spread water through the top of the stack while equally watering all 20 plants.
This American-made planting method works well with permeable soils such as perlite or coco peat. This vertical planter looks great inside or out and creates an excellent focus piece.
- A Simple Space Saving Garden Solution: Plant & Stack
- Grow More Healthy Organic Fruits/Veggies/Flowers @ Home (Strawberries, Tomatoes, Peppers, Herbs, Greens, Green Beans, Beets...)
- Smart & Efficient: Watering The Top Pot Will Self Water The Tiers Below. Take Care Of 20 Plants By Watering 1 Pot
GreenStalk 5 Tier Vertical Garden Planter
The five-layer stackable planter from GreenStalk has six planters in each tier. They are made of durable polypropylene plastic that helps keep everything you’re growing clean and healthy, and it is also break-resistant, letting you leave them outside without concern.
This stackable planter’s simplicity adds to its allure. Fill the system halfway with your choice lightweight potting mix, insert your seedlings, and watering is as easy as pouring liquid on top.
The mechanism starts instantly dispersing the water evenly throughout the planter. This large planter is perfect for beets, kale, sweet potatoes, and young melons.
- We are proud to manufacture GreenStalk Vertical Planters in East TN. Made with high quality, BPA-free, UV-resistant polypropylene #5 plastic with a 5 year warranty.
- To water the entire system use GreenStalk’s patented watering system: simply fill to the 5 tier mark on the top water reservoir to water all the tiers below.
- Easily grows a wide variety of vegetables, herbs, strawberries and flowers including potatoes, lettuce, corn, and tomatoes
Houseables 5 Tier Planter
Houseables stackable planters are great for gardeners who want to grow a range of flowers and fruits. Each tier has three pots big enough to accommodate larger plants. The layers sit in a zig-zag fashion, enabling you to choose the final product’s height.
It is suitable for usage both inside and out and has been constructed to endure the weather. This is an excellent starter planter, and the drip system makes watering your beautiful plants as simple as pouring water into the top layer.
A saucer foundation prevents further water from soaking through.
Trifoglio Resin Vertical Garden With Saucer
This top-rated stackable planter is ideal for gardeners who live in a small area. A Trifoglio Resin Vertical Garden with Saucer maximizes space.
It has three different layers of sturdy systems that are not only waterproof and functional down to -20 degrees Fahrenheit, but also provide a touch of refinement when filled with herbs, flowers, or vegetable plants.
The set’s size is enough but not excessive, allowing you to simply combine more of these sets, one filled with flowers and one filled with herbs, whichever route you take. Finally, the unit is large enough to comfortably house a variety of plants.
- 🌼 Buy This Garden Box Now And Use It Forever: Our vertical garden planter box is crafted of heavy-duty PP material, with a solid, stable metal frame, and will resist the elements and sunlight...
- 🌼 Plant Flowers, Herbs, And Veggies: This raised bed planter stands 6 feet tall and has four 26.7-inch bins that are spacious enough for flowers and veggies. Each planter bed is placed at a slight...
- 🌼 Get More Bang For Your Buck: Our raised planter box comes with 2 must-have gardening tools, 1 small shovel, and 1 rake, in a Mega-Value bundle. Make your gardening tasks easier in the garden,...
Emsco Group Bloomers Stackable Planter
Emsco Group’s stackable planter is durable and stylish, with three levels capable of sustaining a wide range of plants. This planter simplifies use by giving expansive planting spaces that do not need further digging to replace flowers, herbs, or anything else you choose.
Additionally, the item has a unique base that can be adjusted during the day to ensure that every plant gets an equal amount of sun. Drainage provides a drip system, obviating the requirement for individual plant watering.
This is a great light for use inside or out, and it looks wonderful in a kitchen nook. It is also weatherproof. This means that it will not crack or rust when exposed to the elements.
- SPACE SAVING – The modular design of this vertical planter makes it great for gardening on walls, fences, and even posts. This allows you to maximize space by keeping your plants off the ground and...
- CONVENIENT MODULAR DESIGN – Each panel measures 17” x 17” and can hold up to four 6”-wide pots. You can combine several of these panels together for a complete vertical garden of any size...
- EASY PLANTING – Simply place your potted plants in each cradle. The slanted angle keeps them up and fully displays your plants. Swap your choices in and out with ease without having to replant and...
Amazing Creation Stackable Planter Vertical Garden
This is a stackable planter kit that includes everything you need to get started with your compacted garden. Its five levels are large enough to grow 15 distinct plants up to five inches tall, enabling you to nurture plants of varying sizes.
Additionally, it is made of sturdy polypropylene, which means it will not need to be replaced often.
This is another wonderful kit for inexperienced gardeners and even children interested in taking up a new hobby. The stackable planters have drainage grids for easy watering.
Additionally, this vertical garden is both elegant and robust enough to be put in your kitchen or on your outside patio.
- Gardening Made Easy - Each pod accommodates 5” plants which makes it easy to mix a large variety of indoor gardening different vegetable, flowers, succulents, greens herbs, strawberry pot and...
- Indoor/Outdoor Planters - This includes one Vertical Planter that are made of 5 stackable pots that can hold up to 15 different plants with green stalks vertical planter, garden tower 2 with aeroponic...
- Great Starter Kit - Our planters serve as a great starter set to plant. Our planter pots are designed to support all your planting and gardening efforts. They’re super lightweight, and extremely...
T4U Plastic Self Watering Vertical Living Wall Planter
If your tiny house or apartment lacks floor space, our stackable planting system allows you to still plant and enjoy your favorite plants.
You may start with a single unit or a set and work your way up. Arrange more of them side by side and you’ll have a living room plant wall.
The arrangement has detachable liners that allow for easy plant movement when required. Additionally, the liners are permeable, allowing roots to poke through and water to flow down to all bottom plants.
This is an excellent planting system for homes and workplaces.
- Modern Stackable Wall Mounted Planter - Collect several of these planter racks and stack them one on top of the other, make your own green wall
- Removable Liners - Convenient to change or move the plant
- Self Watering - Holes on removable lines allow root to come through catching water in the holder, decrease frequecy of watering
Mr. Stacky Smart Farm
A stackable planter set that is ideal for gardeners who are always on the go. The Smart Farm has an automated irrigation system that allows you to fill the base and then configure a timer to guarantee uniform water distribution.
The 16-gallon tank is intended for long-term self-sufficiency, lasting up to three weeks, which means less labor and more enjoyment from your herbs, veggies, and flowers.
The planter comes complete with all necessary components, including pipes, tubes, adapters, and even some starter plant food. It comes in several colors, and its unique configuration adds flair to any living room or balcony.
- Change Your Lifestyle: Grow Healthy, Nutrient-Rich Food Easier, Faster, And More Convenient Than Ever Before All Year-Round, With or Without Soil. - We Believe That Growing Food At Home Not Only...
- Set Timer To Water Automatically (Simple & Convenient) - Large 20 Plant Veggie Garden In 1 Location
- Go On A Weeks Vacation And Come Back To A Thriving Garden - 16 Gallon Tank (Lasts 2-3 Weeks) - Know Where Your Food Comes From and How It's Grown
After outlining what a stackable planter is and how it works, we would like to suggest a few things to consider before purchasing one. As with any other part of gardening (indoors or out), some planning is required to achieve a successful garden.
The location of the plants will be determined by their species. Certain plants need direct sunlight, which is why a patio or apartment balcony is ideal throughout the growing season.
Generally, you want to choose a spot that receives direct sunlight. The majority of vegetables, fruits, and annuals need direct sunlight to thrive. Consult the plant label or seed package label to ensure that the sunshine needs of your plant match the location of your planter.
If you’re growing against a wall or next to a huge item that will block the sun on one or more sides, make sure all plants get an equal quantity of light.
The options for growing in a vertical planer are endless. You may blend root vegetables with both big and tiny vegetables, such as tomatoes and lettuce.
Keep in mind that you should arrange your largest plants at the bottom and your smallest or equivalent-sized plants above — this will prevent your plants from shadowing one another. Simply do a quick search to find your plants’ maximum size and plant accordingly.
Plants that are unable to endure the cold must be taken inside. This is when a wheeled system proves to be advantageous. If you bring these plants inside for the winter, they will likely need a bright window.
Allow at least two feet between neighboring pots or objects (such as railings) to allow for upward and outward growth of your plants.
Numerous gardeners assume that living in an apartment or another little area precludes them from producing their preferred plants.
Individuals with smaller houses, on the other hand, may participate in this enjoyable activity in a variety of ways, including via the use of a moss wall, a tin can garden, or by buying one of these fully-equipped stackable garden planters.
A vertical garden set is attractive both indoors and out, easy to manage, and allows you to grow a variety of flowers, herbs, and vegetables.